Navigating the Universe
Welcome to The Universe Adventure! You're about to embark on an adventure through time and space--to the outer reaches of human knowledge. What do we really know about our universe? You're about to find out...
Here are some tips to help you get started:
General Use and Navigation
- To begin your adventure, click the "Start" button on the menu page.
- The site is best read in order, from start to finish.
- To advance to the next page, click the "next" button located at the top or bottom of a page.
- To go back a page, click the "back" button located at the top or bottom of a page.
- To move within or between sections, choose the section you want to view in the "Site Content" navigation bar located to right of the page. Next, select a subsection and click the title of a page.
- Words defined in the glossary are colored, bolded, and italicized.
- To view a short definition, move your cursor over the word.
- Clicking on the word will take you to the glossary.
Movies, Sidequests, Down the Rabbit Hole, and Cosmic Conundrums
- Movies, Sidequests, and Down the Rabbit Hole extras are fun ways for you to delve into more advanced concepts. These can be read as you come across them, or you can come back to them later.
- At the end of every major section, Cosmic Conundrums extras appear at the bottom of the page to let students see how much they've learned.
- Clicking on these extras will open another window. To navigate within a Sidequest, Down the Rabbit Hole, or Cosmic Conundrum extra, use the provided instructions and buttons.
Classroom Cosmology Activities
- Occasional Classroom extras are activities to help teachers introduce the material to their students. Clicking the link will open another window with activity ideas or worksheets to download.
- The number of stars next to the activity name indicates how difficult it is. One star activities are just for fun, while three stars indicates that students will be using a decent amount of math.
- A list of all these resources, including quizzes and worksheets, can be found at the teachers page.